Saturday, March 12, 2011

Time in Vientine Laos

The capital city of Laos and the largest city in the country. About 250,000 folks live here.
I must say it is hot here during the day. I would say in the 90's and pleasant during the evening. I have had fun with friends Mack and Chelsea I met after entering Laos and we met on the slow boat on the Mekong River.The coffee is really good and not a Starbucks in site.
The French have been here and you can see it in the street names, street and also the food.
They have a better system for the money. There is not one coin to be found. The bills start at 500 kip and the largest I have seen is 50,000. I have a hotel that is 243,000 kip a day. We are talking a lot of paper bills for a few nights stay. 
I am off to Cambodia on Monday the 7th of March to the capital city Phnom Penh. One task I have while there is apply for my visa for Viet Nam which will be the next country I will travel in after Cambodia.

No comments:

Post a Comment