Sunday, March 27, 2011

Hanoi Vietnam

My last day in Hanoi is tomorrow and I will be off to the South of the country on Wednesday at 3AM to a town by the name of Hue. I hope to find warmer weather and maybe Sun. The forcast is for around 70F Yea!!
I felt an earth quake last Thursday after noon and I guess it was close to Loa and the center was in Myanmar some where.
The people here are very nice to me and I had heard from other travelers they thought the folks here were a bit cold (not the weather) but I have not found that at all. Only one cab ride did they get me on so that is not to bad. I am not sure how he got the meter to go so fast. Must have been hooked to the wheel some how.Still not bad. I paid like $7 for a pretty long ride but got out early and I told him he was to expensive.
Friend's in Hanoi at the bus stop(in the photo) in the pottery market just out of Hanoi. Most of them are teacher's here and there students are from the States and here for 1 year. We had lunch and coffee out there.This spot is very near the river. Ton's of pottery. Beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment