Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hanoi Vietnam

Arrived in Hanoi late and got a hotel on the internet that I thought was the one listed in my travel book and the address is about the same maybe a few #'s off but I thought they must have another door.Surprise!!! What they do here is take the name of a hotel that has a lot of business and copy the name and open up in a old building some where close and then you show up and you know the rest of the story. 
The hotel I thought I was going to also had changed its name maybe because there first name was coppied 
As it turned out I spent 2 nights there and was not as bad as I thought and the manager actually gave me my money back for one night I did not use. Which I hear is not very common to get a refund of any kind.
I'm liking it here and a bit cold reminds me of Oregon. About 60F and overcast and a little rain at times.
I am off to the water puppet show tonight. I have heard it is one of a kind.
People trying to sell me something on the street all the time. The side walks are all full so you have to walk only in the street and traffic is crazy but they have not hit me yet.
Cheers
Joel

No comments:

Post a Comment