Saturday, April 30, 2011

Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

Leaving Vietnam behind and many good memories of the country and people I am  off to Malaysia and arrive at 3 PM whoops there is an hour difference in time so really 4PM when I arrive so by the time I get my visa,bag and find out where to go it is getting dark. They have two airports there one for the less expensive airlines and the other for the primo lines. If you come in like I did you have to go by bus to the other terminal and then take the train into the city which is a long ways.They have a great train system and I was lucky and ran into a couple of lady's from Australia in Vietnam and they gave me a review and name of  a place to stay in KL and was perfect. I could walk to and from the train station and what a city. You talk about shop till you drop this is the place to do it. I also ran into friends I met in Lao and was fun to be back with them and hang out. It is a couple from Seattle Mack and Chelsea and we kept running into each other in Lao and kept in touch and I hope we connect again in Thailand. Kuala Lumpur is a very big city but again using the trains is a great way to travel. Most of the folks are Muslim so you see the head vale on the ladies. You hear them call to prayer during the early morning and during the day The food is great and weather was good just a little rain on the last day but being from Oregon always have my trusty umbrella handy

No comments:

Post a Comment