Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Ho Chi Mien City Vietnam

What a town.  I thought I was in New York City.
Huge buildings and very modern shops and expensive places in the central part of the city. Interesting contrasts between modern and the past. I see people on the streets selling fruit out of the baskets they carry on sticks and they are standing in front of a Sheraton Hotel that is ultra modern. They have a beautiful opera house near where I am staying and at night the city is lit up and has an energy of its own.
I wake up to the sounds of cars and chickens. They also are up very early selling something on the street. There is a fellow that goes around with a bike and a speaker letting all with in a mile or two that he is open for business selling who knows what at 5:30AM.
The people here just could not be any nicer and love to see me no matter where I am. They don't seem to have any bad feelings about me being from the states and the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment